A cross-platform reimplementation of JKDF2
OpenJKDF2 is an open-source re-implementation of Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II (JKDF2). OpenJKDF2 removes the hassle of rendering and input compatibility shims, while also providing in-app guided installation steps, cross-platform multiplayer, and a host of graphical (and other) improvements:
- OpenGL hardware rendering with emissive textures, bloom, and ambient occlusion.
- Ultrawide and HiDPI monitor support, with configurable FOV and scaled HUD elements.
- Configurable FPS caps (including VSync and fixed animations)
- Cross-platform multiplayer support, including IPv6.
- SDL2 joystick/controller support.
- Various fixes and improvements for bugs in the original game.
- Native support for Linux and macOS.
- Built-in support jkgfxmod texture packs.
- Built-in support for GOG/Steam Ogg Vorbis soundtracks, with fixed looping.
- Aspect-correct cutscene rendering, and windowed rendering without screen mode switching.
Jedi Knight(C) Dark Forces II is Copyright (C) Lucasfilm Ltd. 1997-2009. An original Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II game disk, or original licensed assets from Steam or GOG, are required in order to play OpenJKDF2.
Installs over time
Make sure to follow the setup guide before installing