Contour is a modern and actually fast, modal, virtual terminal emulator, for everyday use
Contour is a modern and actually fast, modal, virtual terminal emulator, for everyday use. It is aiming for power users with a modern feature mindset.
- Available on all 4 major platforms, Linux, OS/X, FreeBSD, Windows.
- GPU-accelerated rendering.
- Font ligatures support (such as in Fira Code).
- Unicode: Emoji support (-: 🌈 💝 😛 👪 - including ZWJ, VS15, VS16 emoji :-)
- Unicode: Grapheme cluster support
- Bold and italic fonts
- High-DPI support.
- Vertical Line Markers (quickly jump to markers in your history!)
- Vi-like input modes for improved selection and copy'n'paste experience and Vi-like `scrolloff` feature.
- Blurred behind transparent background when using Windows 10 or KDE window manager on Linux.
- Blurrable Background image support.
- Runtime configuration reload
- 256-color and Truecolor support
- Key binding customization
- Color Schemes
- Profiles (grouped customization of: color scheme, login shell, and related behaviours)
- Synchronized rendering
- Text reflow (configurable via `SM ? 2027` / `RM ? 2027`)
- Clickable hyperlinks via OSC 8
- Clipboard setting via OSC 52
- Sixel inline images
- Terminal page buffer capture VT extension
- Builtin [Fira Code inspired progress bar support.
- Read-only mode, protecting against accidental user-input to the running application, such as Ctrl+C.
- VT320 Host-programmable and Indicator status line support.
- and much more ...
Installed Size~4 MB
Download Size1 MB
Available Architecturesaarch64, x86_64
LicenseApache License 2.0
Installs over time
Make sure to follow the setup guide before installing
flatpak install flathub org.contourterminal.Contour
flatpak run org.contourterminal.Contour