Everything you need for emulation on Steam Deck
RetroDECK brings an environment to catalog and play your retro games directly from SteamOS and it's tailored specifically for the Steam Deck. It's inspired by embedded emulation systems like AmberELEC, EmuELEC, CoreELEC, Lakka, and Batocera.
Powered by EmulationStation Desktop Edition, which uses RetroArch and other standalone emulators to allow you to import and play your favorite retro (and even not-so-retro) games in a tidy environment without flooding your Steam library. No other software is needed as everything it's already included!
NOTE: Albeit RetroDECK could possibily work on every distro, it's supported only on Steam Deck.
- Start RetroDECK from the Desktop mode (first time only)
- Follow the setup (read carefully!)
- Add RetroDECK to your Steam Library
- [OPTIONAL] Download Steam Grids with BoilR
- Always start RetroDECK from Steam Library
For a better experience is suggested to use the official Steam Controller Config available under community configs in Steam
- PCSX2: due to its limitation, the standalone PCSX2 doesn't have any way to set the hotkeys, so no save and load state, no quit button. In order to quit press: STEAM -> PCSX2 -> (X) CLOSE WINDOW, be aware that the state is not automatically saved
- As of this moment external controllers, local multiplayer in gamemode are not supported. Neither is running RetroDECK in desktop mode, we plan on adding the functionality in the future
Installs over time
Make sure to follow the setup guide before installing